South Point Walk: Living in South Surrey
Apr 18th, 2017
With the release of phase 2 at South Point Walk just around the corner, we wanted to share our love of South Surrey with you. Known for quiet residential enclaves, beautiful stretches of nature, and charming neighbourhood villages, the community has long been a desirable place to live.
Here are a few of our favourite things:
- All That Green: It’s easy to find yourself under a forest canopy or amid manicured gardens. Explore the trails of Sunnyside Acres Urban Forest, 130 hectares of natural second growth forest, and you may come across a coyote or deer. Elgin Heritage Park, stunning wetlands and meadows, sits on the banks of the Nicomekl River, and is home to the Historic Stewart Farm. Become acquainted with over 130 different bird species at the Serpentine Fen as you wander the idyllic nature reserve.
- The Beaches: Living in South Surrey puts you in close proximity to a number of beaches. Start a game of beach volleyball, roll out a picnic, or swim in the ocean at Crescent Beach. Watch the sunset from the pier or bask in the sun on the sand at White Rock Beach. South Surrey is the perfect place to be come summertime.
- Break a Sweat: Indoors or outdoors, there are lots of ways to get your body moving. South Surrey is known for its abundance of golf courses, including Nico-Wynd and Morgan Creek. Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre is Surrey’s newest and largest aquatic facility, with a 10-lane, 50-metre, Olympic-size competition pool and 500 square metre leisure pool, amongst a selection of fun features.
- Dinnertime: When you’re hungry, there’s always somewhere close to eat. Feast on delicious Indian cuisine at Vikram Vij’s My Shanti. Dine on tasty comforts at the trendy Cactus Club, Milestones, The Keg, or Five Guys. Eat at one of the many seaside restaurants on the White Rock waterfront. You won’t be hungry for long.
- So Much Selection: Whatever you’re looking for, it’s here. Pick up groceries from Choices or from Save-On-Foods. Shop for anything, from clothes to décor, at The Shops at Morgan Crossing. Jog outside or lift weights at Steve Nash Sports Club. Send your kids to Arts Umbrella, swimming classes, or softball practice. A life you love is created here.
Have you registered for South Point Walk? The collection of 1 and 2 bedroom condos and 3 and 4 bedroom townhomes are coming soon to South Surrey.