Looking After Your Home: Tip #4
Dec 07th, 2016
Winter has barely begun and we’ve already seen snow! The temperature is about to take a nosedive, and we want to make sure you stay warm in your home. Here are some tips on how to make the most out of the heat in your home:
- Keep interior doors open to allow heat to circulate.
- Add weather stripping around doors and caulk windows to guard against cold breezes and heat loss. Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to weather strip your doors.
- Have your furnace or boiler checked by a professional at least once a year, and clean your furnace filter.
- If you only use one room at a time, use a space heater rather than heat the whole house.
- Keep extra blankets on hand in your living room and bedrooms.
- Stock up on hot chocolate. We know this has nothing to do with looking after your home, but it’s still a great idea.
Check out these smart energy saving tips from Popular Mechanics to help you reduce your heating costs. We hope you stay warm this winter!