Our Year at StreetSide
I think we can all agree that it’s been a very long year. Due to COVID-19, there have been challenges, fears, and changes that we never thought would transpire.
We faced our own challenges. We adapted to new health guidelines for our Sales Centres, construction sites, and head office, quickly changing the way we operate so our employees and visitors would be safe. We’re grateful to everyone who helped us keep those places and spaces clean and healthy.
In project news, we had some big successes this year:
- We launched Port & Mill — our first project in Coquitlam — and sold out over 70% of our first building. We can’t wait to release our second building in the New Year.
- Orchard Park in South Surrey sold out! And over half of our new homeowners have already moved into their new townhomes. We anticipate the project will be fully completed in late 2021, and we will be moving families in throughout the coming year.
- FORTE in Burnaby Heights sold out too! Our building is almost complete and homeowners will be moving in early next year.
- Our Canopy community has welcomed 250 homeowners into their new homes, with 114 of those moving in in 2020. We are now selling the final phase of this park side collection of townhomes.
- Not only are we now selling the final phase at Creekside in Maple Ridge, we have already handed the keys to 75 homeowners.
There’s a lot to come in 2021. We will be introducing you to our Valeo and Holloway at The Boroughs communities. Sales at Valeo in Burnaby Heights are anticipated to begin in spring 2021, while sales at Holloway at The Boroughs in South Surrey will likely begin in fall 2021. Our construction team has already started site servicing and poured the foundations for the first two buildings at Holloway.
We also had a busy year moving into our new Qualico head office in Surrey. Boxes are unpacked and we are all settled into our new home.
It was certainly a year when giving back was extra important. We made donations to the Salvation Army’s Toy Mountain and several local food banks, while our parent company, Qualico, made a generous donation to the Peace Arch Hospital.
We would like to thank all those who contributed to our successes and our smiles in 2020. We are so grateful to you.