StreetSide Developments is the multi-family division of Qualico, one of the largest fully integrated real estate companies in western Canada, and we are seeking a Construction Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Director of Construction, the Construction Manager oversees the daily functions of the Construction Department including job production, staffing, trade & supplier relations and customer service.
- Forecasts for completion dates of jobs and budgets, target goal purposes, department staffing, trades and suppliers’ requirements based on current and upcoming workloads to ensure a smooth home building process.
- Regular review and updating of project budgets and submittal to upper management.
- Provide value engineering input on plans/ specifications prior to and during construction of projects.
- Hire and remove trades and suppliers as necessary based on volume and performance. Assign labour trades to specific jobs when required. Have specific knowledge of performance criteria and construction standards for each sub-contractor or trade.
- Track build times, deficiencies, customer service in relation to the overall department and individuals. Review project status weekly or as required by company policy.
- Decide and direct areas of work for Site Superintendents, Assistant Site Superintendents, Finishing Coordinators and Construction Coordinators. Ensure that the Superintendents develop good customer relations based on timely performance and quality workmanship.
- Enforce Safety policies and procedures. Ensure Site Superintendents and other sub-contractors perform, work safely and in accordance with Qualico safety guidelines.
- Weekly & bi-weekly review and approval of invoices and purchase orders.
Education & Qualifications:
- Certificate in Construction or related field.
- Minimum 6-7 years’ experience in the residential building industry.
- Minimum 2 years general supervisory experience (less than 10 employees).
- Experience working with New Star Sales and remote access systems is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge in building envelope science and building code.
- Computer skills are mandatory – proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Leadership qualities, strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills.
This position works primarily in the regional office, with frequent trips to Construction sites.
It is Qualico practice to request a criminal record check prior to finalizing the appointment of successful candidates.
About StreetSide Developments:
StreetSide Developments is the multi-family division of Qualico and has developed condominium apartment style, town home style, detached houses and luxury condominiums throughout Western Canada with projects ranging from innovative urban development to historic retrofits. StreetSide Developments operates in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
Qualico is a fully integrated real estate development company with offices in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Regina, Saskatoon and Austin, Texas.
Since its inception in 1951, the company’s activities span the entire real estate spectrum and include residential land acquisition and development, single and multi-family home divisions, commercial and industrial development, property management, concrete ready mix, building supply and manufacturing divisions.
At Qualico our people make the difference. We offer competitive compensation packages including group benefits and company matching RRSP programs.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com