StreetSide Developments is the multi-family division of Qualico, one of the largest fully integrated real estate companies in western Canada, and we are seeking a Construction Coordinator join our team.
Reporting to the Director of Construction, the Construction Coordinator contributes to the success of StreetSide Developments with assisting office and site management throughout the construction of multi-family projects.
- Tender to construction trades and suppliers, and consulting & engineering firms.
- Assist Construction Managers with preparation of project documents including contracts, budgets, schedules, C/O’s, RFI’s, SPW and tracking of submittals.
- Produce, track, and distribute various project-related documents (i.e. shop drawings, contracts/purchase orders, site instructions, RFI’s, change orders etc.)
- Ensure projects are on-schedule.
- Budget controls – estimating, process of monthly progress draws and approval of invoices.
- Participate in regular construction site meetings.
- Participate with the Development team in the consideration of new project opportunities and planning and approvals for existing land holdings.
Education & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Building Technologies or Project Management.
- Experience working with NewStar Enterprise would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in project management of townhouse and wood-frame apartment projects.
- Proven track record of working with development consultants including architects, building engineers, civil engineers and surveyors.
- Experience dealing with municipal offices in obtaining Building & Occupancy Permits
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong capabilities in project cost controls, including budget preparation
This position works primarily in an office setting during regular business hours, with frequent travel to construction sites required.
It is Qualico practice to request a criminal record check prior to finalizing the appointment of successful candidates.
About StreetSide Developments:
StreetSide Developments is the multi-family division of Qualico and has developed condominium apartment style, town home style, detached houses and luxury condominiums throughout Western Canada with projects ranging from innovative urban development to historic retrofits. StreetSide Developments operates in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
Qualico is a fully integrated real estate development company with offices in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Regina, Saskatoon and Austin, Texas.
Since its inception in 1951, the company’s activities span the entire real estate spectrum and include residential land acquisition and development, single and multi-family home divisions, commercial and industrial development, property management, concrete ready mix, building supply and manufacturing divisions.
At Qualico our people make the difference. We offer competitive compensation packages including group benefits and company matching RRSP programs.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com